Practice of creating transcription from audio and video content has been there since a long time. Although technical advancement has improved the way transcription is done. Legal professionals and law firms who are looking for saving the time and money are mostly benefitted from this transcription. Performing audio transcription is a time and resource consuming procedure for law attorneys, lawyers, court reporters, and other paralegals. This is the main reason that they are widely outsourcing their documentation to skilled service providers which will enable them to focus on other important work.
Legal transcription services are available for legal document and proceedings such as court proceedings, legal hearing, judgments, briefs, reports, trials, arbitrations, legal letters, pleadings and much more. Outsourcing the transcription work to a trained and reputed company well established in this area helps them to save their time, focus on subject matter of the cases, and enhance their productivity.
Some of the major benefits of assigning their audio transcription tasks to reliable legal transcription company are as follows:
1. Audio transcription utilizing digital applications- a well established and trained firm would make sure that it makes use of up-to-date sophisticated technologies and latest software to convert the audio files to text. Various audio file formats which can be easily handled are MP3, WAV, AU, and more.
2. Accurate transcripts- reliable transcription firms would ensure that transcripts are highly accurate. Their staff should be skilled and trained in legal terminology and jargon and should have remarkable listening and comprehensive skills which will enable them to catch important words and different accent. The transcribed documents should have a 99 percent level of accuracy as they undergo a major quality check.
3. Saves resources- well established transcription firms helps the legal professionals to save money as well resources. It saves the money which would otherwise be required in hiring the additional staff to do this job. It also saves the space, infrastructural expense and investment in new technologies and training programs.
4. Secure handling of data- there is no need to worry about security of the information on the precious audio files while sending them out for transcription. A reliable legal transcription company are clear on the terms of confidentiality and security of files with measures such as-
a. FTP and browser based 256 bit encryption for safe file transfer.
b. Onsite confidentiality with password protected computers and staff trained on privacy rules pertaining to client data.
5. Cost-effective- legal transcription services are extremely cost effective. Well established and trained firms help their clients reap economies of scale and can ensure clients cost saving of 30 to 40 percent on their transcription.
A major thing to note is that in order to gain all these above benefits you have to team up with a reliable transcription company. The best way to do that is by browsing the web and going for the free trial that leading providers offer. They offer to help their clients evaluate their audio transcription services. You have to choose that firm which meets you requirements and which has a valid license in this regard.