The Digital marketing campaigns are getting a lot of importance as it is a very efficient platform to execute your marketing plans and the best part of it is tracking. It is the best advantage over ‘print media’ advertising, and that’s why more and more businesses are getting attracted towards Digital Marketing of their products and services.
What is Digital Marketing?
Digital Marketing is a very broad term and gets used in various context. It covers the entire Digital World and the entire Marketing World making the definition very complex. It covers Computers, mobile phones, tablets, Televisions on the hardware side and display advertising and search-based advertising on the marketing side.
The scope of Digital marketing is vast and covers content on your website, Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Search Engine Marketing (SEM) and much more. Creating and running different campaigns on Google and Social Media sites is an important part of Digital Marketing. It also includes free marketing, e-books, email marketing, text messages and so on. You can view Digital Marketing like a jungle of so many interconnected things mixed up.
Click through Rate and Goal:
The term Click-through rate (CTR) means a ratio of users who click on a specific link to the number of total users who view a page or advertisement or even a marketing email. It is a measure of the success of an advertising campaign run on the Internet for a particular website as well as the effectiveness of email campaigns.
Though the CTR was very high initially, with user awareness and multiple advertisements, users have become very selective and like to click on an advertisement only if they are genuinely interested in that particular product or service. Over the years, the CTR is seen be decreasing to very low percent and has become very important as these are likely to be the highest potential clients unless they are fake clicks.
As no-one visits websites and view Television to watch advertisements, it is difficult to make people click on Ads and bring them to your website. This fact makes, CTR a big challenge! The goal of any campaign is to sell something and make profits for the business, so you need interested prospects to visit your site and not just anyone browsing the internet. CTR has become a standard to measure the effectiveness of a particular advertisement. The Google Ads and Facebook Ads are most common means to reach masses on the internet.
Benefits of a high CTR:
· The higher the CTR, the more effective the marketing campaign and you achieve the goal of bringing potential clients to your website.
· Good CTR is not only important in Google AdWords, but it is also important for other marketing channels. These include organic search, social media, and email marketing.
· With a high CTR, you get a lower cost per each click, and it keeps on getting better as the number of clicks accumulates.
· Though it is not directly proportional to CTR, a high CTR obviously means an increase in conversion rate (or more chances of conversions).
· Having a higher quality score results in a higher ad impression share for the same budget.
· Having great user engagement will surely influence how the search engines look at your brand. This means, your high CTR will result in a better position in search results and will help in the organic search.
· For email marketing, good CTR numbers will help your chances of getting noticed in the crowd.
As CTR for your ads and emails is driving the potential clients to your website and making them act, it is a powerful tool for conversions. Using all the techniques of digital marketing, if you can achieve a high CTR, you are very much likely to meet your business goals.