CBD oil for dogs is becoming increasingly popular. However, many people don’t really understand how it can benefit their pets and where that came from. The fact that CBD oil is beneficial for dogs came from Australia, where one veterinarian surgeon was able to treat a Staffordshire terrier with a mammary tumor and a Jack Russell terrier with a severe heart murmur, both of which then received a clean bill of health.
Things You Didn’t Know about CBD Oil for Dogs
It is clear that CBD oil is now recognized as being good for humans and pets alike. However, there are still a lot of unknowns about it as well as misunderstandings. It is likely that you, like most other people, are not aware of the following five specifics, and how those linked into the benefits of the herb to our four-legged friends.
- CBD, which is cannabidiol, is not a psychoactive drug. What is cycle active about marijuana is the tetrahydrocannabinol, or THC. THC is not included in CBD oil. Hence, a dog can access the benefits of marijuana without it’s intoxicating effects.
- CBD oil has been shown to reduce anxiety in dogs and humans alike. Scientific studies have shown that it can help people who have public speaking anxiety, generalized anxiety disorders, post-traumatic stress disorders, and panic disorders. The way this works on humans is the same as the way it works on dogs.
- CBD oil has cancer fighting properties. Indeed, in studies come out there it has been an increased prevalence of cell death in tumors and a significant stoppage of new growth in cancer cells when treated with CBD oil. This is because it strengthens the immune system, stops cancer cells from producing energies, slows down the growth of glioma cells, and increase the efficiency of other forms of cancer treatment.
- CBD oil can work in treating both epilepsy and seizures. Around 5% of dogs currently suffer from seizures and take quite serious and harmful medication for this. CBD has been shown to provide a significant improvement in epilepsy patients within just 4 to 5 months of starting treatment. Indeed, this is one of the reasons why it is now even being considered to provide children with CBD oil as it can help them manage their seizures if they have epilepsy, for instance.
- CBD oil is a strong pain reliever. This is due to the cannabinoids contained in it and they are so strong that scientists are now considering whether it could be a new class of drugs in chronic pain treatment and management. Various studies have now shown that the oil helps reduce nerve related pain and neuropathic, reduce oxidative stress, reduce inflammation, with the painful feelings of acute pancreatitis, and reduce intestinal inflammation found in those with irritable bowel disease.
These are just five unknown things about CBD oil and why it may be of benefit to your dog. If you have a dog with health problems, perhaps because they are ageing, do consider supplying them with this oil, therefore.